Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Isn't it nice to dream? Pinterest

Have I mentioned Pinterest?  I think I have, in passing, but not directly.  It is an online pin board for images.  You see an image somewhere on the net, pin it to your board (you can make as many boards as you please), add a comment if you like, and there it is, the image and the link to the site where it resides.  Online inspiration boards, or wish lists, or to do lists, or recipe files.  So many possibilities.

I joined the site in June, and these are my conclusions:

1.  Pinterest is brilliant.  No more emailing myself links or bookmarking sites and forgetting why.  For me, this is great for craft tutorials, recipes, and gift ideas.  Or will be, when I get around to pinning useful things.

2.  Pinterest is addictive.  I love pinning dresses and home decor to my boards, and spend more time looking at clothes and decor online than I ever did before.  Why should I derive pleasure from pinning a vintage dress that is almost $300 and half my size?  I don't know, but it is the same enjoyment I found as a child cutting out the clothes I liked from the Sears and JCPenney catalogs and playing with them in my grandfather's attic.

(Honestly, though, is this not one of the loveliest dresses ever?  I am even now wondering if I could knit such a thing.  I think it would take at least a year, and I'm not certain of the construction....and my dogs would snag it when they jump on me....but isn't it nice to dream?)


1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

That is lovely, I adore that colour!