Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

A week of sick days

I was down with a nasty cold this week, and spent most of my time on the sofa, breathing through my mouth, coughing, blowing my nose, pulling on a blanket, tossing off the blanket, applying lip balm, and drinking hot tea with lemon.

The sinus pressure kept me from reading, but it did not prevent me from knitting, so I made good progress on my tenth lap blanket.  I'm considering stopping at ten, instead of the dozen I'd planned.  I have other things I need to make and want to make.

Thursday I succumbed to the lure of the tv, and watched every episode of Downton Abbey, which I'd not seen before.  Because I was so muddle headed, I did not realize that Netflix started me on episode 5 until after I'd watched 5 and 6.  So I watched 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 4, 7.  It still made sense, at least to me, but not so much to my husband, who came home toward the end of episode 2. 

(This was not Netflix's fault.  Unbeknownst to me, my son had watched episodes 1-4, and Netflix always has you pick up where you left off.)

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I've missed seeing your knitting. That lamp blanket is very pretty. I hope you are feeling better!

Kristal said...

Love the blanket, so sorry you have been ill. Not fun!

Missus Wookie said...

Hope you are feeling better. I wish that there was an online netflix type thing here in the UK.