Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

365, A Trixie Update


Trixie decided to get between me and the model bear, so I snapped a couple shots of her and decided to post an update.  I wish everyone with cancer felt as good as Trixie does.  She either does not know she is sick, or does not care.  Either way, she remains happy, fairly active, and bossier than ever.  She still keeps track of everything going on around her, yaps too much, and shadows my every move.
 
She demands more attention, but that might just be because she is now spoiled rotten, what with us thinking she had only a couple months to live, and thus indulging her beyond what we already had.  Her hair seems to be thinning; she has an odd cough, which may or may not be related to the cancer; and the external tumor is visibly growing.  I don't know what the internal ones are doing, as we are not pursuing further testing or treatment beyond the steroids and antacids which keep her eating and drinking normally.
Thank you so much to those of you who ask about her and pray for us.  She's been such a blessing to us, and we are very grateful for the time we've had with her.  We did not know exactly what to expect when we learned of her cancer, but we were certainly not expecting good health and happiness to last into the fall! 

4 comments:

Kristal said...

I'm so glad she is still doing "well". She is such a cutie.

My neighbors dog passed this week... it was sad.

Lynn said...

Precious moments...and you are receiving and giving many when it comes to Trixie.

Missus Wookie said...

Pets are such a blessing - I'm glad she isn't suffering and is enjoying all the attention.

Raymonde said...

So glad to hear about Trixie. She is so cute.

Congratulations on finishing your tenth blanket and I am sure they will be delighted to have them.

Your son is a very handsome fellow, I like the whimsical smile he has on this photo.

Thanks for stopping by, take care. xxx