Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

thoughts on: Design Sponge at Home

Design*Sponge at HomeDesign*Sponge at Home by Grace Bonney

I don't know why I keep checking out books that come out of blogs I follow.  I always expect them to be more than print copies of things seen or read on the blogs.  This one, like the others I've read, is not. 

There are pretty pictures of many homes, like the "sneak peeks" on the Design*Sponge site.  They seem less personal in print, however, missing the little comments from the homeowners about what they like best about their homes.

Crafts and floral arrangements fill the rest of the book.  Neither goes beyond what you find online, but they are nicely organized and presented.

I like the Design Sponge site.  I hesitated to write about not liking the book, but that seems dishonest somehow.  If you are looking for home decor inspiration, I recommend visiting the site. 

No comments: