Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Blocking Mizzle


Most of what I knit doesn't need blocking, but shawls do.  I washed it on the hand wash cycle, and spread it out to dry.  I just patted it into place on my sweater racks, no pins or wires.

I love the way it turned out!  

The pattern, Mizzle, was free.  You can download it from Ravelry.  It was a quick and easy knit.  Just the kind I like - something I can knit while watching tv with my family.  I thought it would be perfect to show off the colour variations in the yarn without turning out stripey or splotchy. 

I did change the pattern on the outer edge.  I wanted it more open, so I did this: 
row 1:  k2 (k3, yo, sl1, k2tog, psso, yo) k5
row 2:  k2, purl across, k2

The yarn, which I won from What's Up, Cupcake, is "Snowflake Sock"  from Little Red Bicycle.  100% superwash wool, hand dyed.  I have to say, when I was knitting this, I had doubts about whether it would be wearable.  The yarn was not "next to the skin soft."  However, washing changed its feel entirely.  It is now soft and light and cozy, just what you'd want in a shawlette.  Or mini-shawl.  Or neckwarmer.  Wrap.  Thing.  Whatever you call it, it's done!

6 comments:

Kristal said...

That is really pretty!

Missus Wookie said...

very pretty and great to hear it is now cozy :)

Christine said...

I'm so impressed! It looks gorgeous! I posted about it on my blog. :)

4you-withlove said...

beautiful! :)

4you-withlove said...

Beautiful! :) I will post this on my blog!

4you-withlove said...

This is beautiful! I am going to post a link to my blog! :)