Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Hogwarts House Bags, Lined and Ready

Ready for giving.   I lined them on Wednesday. 

I love how the Ravenclaw bag turned out.

I am less happy with Gryffindor. 

Gryffindor was knit as instructed; Ravenclaw I changed to a basketweave texture.  That change made the bag less stretchy, sturdier, and slightly shorter.  I was able to pop the lining into it no problem.

The Gryffindor was a different story.  Because the knit fabric wanted to pull in or bunch up along its vertical lines, I added interfacing to the lining, to stiffen it.  That resulted in a stiff and crumply bag.  So I tacked the bottom edge of the lining to the bottom seam of the bag.  That helped a lot, but it still is not as nice as the Ravenclaw.

This would not bother me so much if they weren't going to the same home, where they will invite comparisons. 

1 comment:

The Reader said...

From this view point they both look fantastic! I'm sure the young recipients will be thrilled.