Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Knitting for Christmas After All

The Ravenclaw bag is done, at least the knitting.  I think Luna would like it.  Instead of being given for her birthday, I'll be giving it at Christmas.  The Gryffindor bag will go to my littlest niece, who likes to be Ginny Weasley.

I still need to line both bags.

For Ravenclaw, I decided against the chevron I'd originally planned.  Instead, I purled the blue squares which keeps the knit fabric a bit flatter and sturdier.  I also knit the motif on the back.  The Gryffindor only has the emblem on one side, which I now regret, as I'm giving them to sisters. 

This is the back, with the dogs enjoying the sunshine.  (My floor is not quite as dirty as it looks.  Trixie had just been pulling tufts of fur off her mountain lion.)

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

I'm sure both girls will like their bags. As for floors - our cats shed enough to beat your mountain lion ;)