Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

thoughts on: The Last Dragonslayer

The Last DragonslayerThe Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde

I have read all of Jasper Fforde's books, and have been waiting almost a year to read this one.  I was expecting to love it.  But I didn't.  My son, also a Fforde fan, suggested that it was the difference in audience, and I think he is right.  The Last Dragonslayer is written for children - middle grades - and it has a slower, easier to understand pace than his other books.  I missed that jump right in to another world and figure it out as you go along feel, and it took longer for me to be drawn into the story.

Having said that, I know I'll read future books in the series when/if they become available in the US, but I won't be awaiting them as eagerly as I am Fforde's next book in the Shades of Grey series. 

No comments: