Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

thoughts on: The Honest Truth About Dishonesty

The Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone--Especially OurselvesThe Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone--Especially Ourselves by Dan Ariely

Dan Ariely's writing is engaging, so The Honest Truth About Dishonesty is a quick and enjoyable read about his research on cheating. I liked The Honest Truth most when Ariely was looking at real-life examples and the implications of his findings - in the pharmacy and medical communities, as well as banking. Those offered applications of a "buyer beware" nature.

I have read several similar books this year, and though I enjoyed the hours spent reading this one, I think I prefer books that look at the findings of multiple researchers.

No comments: