Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

thoughts on: In Sheep's Clothing

In Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative PeopleIn Sheep's Clothing: Understanding and Dealing with Manipulative People by George K. Simon Jr.

I wish someone had given me this book 25 years ago, so I would not have had to learn how to deal with manipulators the hard way.  I think I will put a copy in my kids' Christmas stockings this year. 

Simon addresses manipulators for what they are - aggressors who care more about having their own way than anything else.  He encourages people to recognize them, to trust your intuition when you feel like something is not right, and to stand up to them in an effective manner.  He also advocates knowing your own weaknesses, so you can guard against those people who will use them to their advantage.  Good advice. 

(There were a number of errors that should have been caught by a good proof-reader, but the advice within is worth the little extra effort in reading.)

1 comment:

Missus Wookie said...

sounds like a good book - another to add to my book list.